Women’s football by Xanthe (sports reporter).
Hi, my name is Xanthe and I play for Port Vale football club and I love it. I have learnt lots of skills since being there and even scored 9 goals once in one match. Women’s football is fun to watch on TV or even in real life and is becoming more popular. The national English Women’s football team have already qualified for the world cup which will take place in 2019 and were semi-finalists in the European championships last year.
When I got signed for Port Vale I got to have a tour around the stadium and met up with some of the professional players and had a photograph.
More girls are playing football more than ever– football is not just for boys anymore!
Top ten reasons why CCFS is the best school!
1. We have fun! We learn about science, maths, English, history, geography, R.E , Art and computing . Our lessons are interesting and exciting because we have the best teachers.
2. School trips and visitors to our school like the bug lady or the pantomime!
3. Everyone is kind.
4. We have celebration worship which is where we get certificates for lots of things such as behaviour, being polite amazing work, trying our hardest or simply by being a good friend.
5. We get to go swimming in years 2-4.
6. We get to read amazing stories in class– we sometimes read together or it could be independently .
7. Christmas is always lot of fun. We have a Christmas fayre, Christmas parties, Christmas crafts , a nativity or performance—we also sometimes have special elf visitors that come in our classroom.
8. We get to learn about cool stuff from history like the Titanic, great fire of London, the Vikings .
9. Fishy Fridays!
10. All the teachers are amazing but the best one is…… they are all our favourite!
By Daisy Ross and Freya Sherrington (Y3)
In past few days we have been learning about great women who have changed the world. This week we have been learning about Rosa Parks and Frida Kahlo. First I will tell you about Rosa Parks, it all started when she was waiting for the ruby red bus but she had no idea she was about to do something AMAZING! She stepped onto the bus slowly but instead of sitting where she was meant to she sat where she wanted to because she wanted to change the world- and she did just that!.
Frida Kahlo was a student at medical school she was involved in a horrible traffic accident which meant she couldn't finish her training. Instead of feeling sorry for herself she became a fantastic artist who loved to share her work. Her motto was: VIVA LA VIDA which means "Long live life". Frida was a fighter who lived life to the full. My favourite picture of hers was with all her pet monkeys and cats.
by Amy Mason
Last week was my first week at Christ Church First School and I loved it! At Christ Church I have the best teacher I have ever had. On Tuesday we went swimming with the class and we played games, I had loads of fun! At playtime I played group tig and at lunch I had a nice meal with Pizza and sweetcorn. I have made lots of new friends, Rhys and Debbie have been very nice to me. I loved our English and Maths work, it has been fun and practising our song for the end of year performance. I had a wonderful week and my class friends and teachers are so nice to me.
By Toby Watkin
This year Poppy and I have been reading books by David Walliams. They are very funny and full of fantasy. Some of the books we have read are Gangster Granny, Ratburger, Billionaire Boy, Mr. Stink, Awful Auntie and now Poppy is reading Demon Dentist. We think David Walliams is a good author because his books are funny and full of magic! Lottie’s favourite book is Gangster Granny because it is really funny but at the end it is very sad. My favourite part was where the Granny is doing her yoga and Mr. Parker spies on her! It is sooooo funny! Poppy’s favourite book is Ratburger because Burt the Burger Man is disgusting! Also, the little girl Zoe has a really horrible stepmother so Zoe escapes by digging a hole with her braces! Then her enemy Tina Trotts (who is also her next door neighbour) finds Zoe in her room because Zoe has been digging a hole into the next door neighbour's house the whole time! Zoe also has a rat called Armitage which she named after a toilet!!!!
By Poppy and Lottie