CCFS Visitor Guidelines
Christ Church CE First School prides itself on being a safe and friendly place for pupils, staff and visitors. Therefore, we place a strong emphasis on site security and procedures.
If you are visiting our school, whilst on our premises, you must observe the following:
- All staff and visitors must enter through the main entrance on Northesk Street.
- All visitors, including volunteers, must report to the school office before entering the school to sign in and be given a Visitors Badge. All visitors must sign out at the end of their visit.
- All visitors to the school are required to produce PHOTO ID at the reception desk, and to wear a Visitor's Badge.
- Please do not enter the school unless escorted by a member of staff or by prior arrangement.
- Please do not open doors or gates leading onto secure school premises.
- If your visit involves working independently with the children you will be asked to produce a current enhanced DBS certificate along with your Photo ID.
- Your safety and wellbeing during your visit are important to us. As a visitor you have a legal duty to care for the Health and Safety of yourself and others.
- If the Fire Alarm should sound please leave the building by the nearest exit and proceed to the assembly point (playground). DO NOT RE-ENTER THE BUILDING until you are told it is safe to do so.
- Christ Church CE First School operates a NO SMOKING POLICY which we ask you to respect.
- Staff have the right, and are encouraged, to question anyone on the school premises who they do not recognise.
- Parents, visitors, volunteers and Governors are not permitted to use their phones in the presence of pupils anywhere within the school building. Visiting adults are not permitted to use their phones or any other electronic device to photograph pupils or make video recordings anywhere on the school site or when accompanying pupils on off-site visits or sporting fixtures.
Visitors can expect to be treated with respect by our staff; in turn we ask that you be polite and respectful whilst on our premises. Anyone behaving in an aggressive or disrespectful manner will be asked to leave immediately.